It is important to:
- never wear a dosemeter assigned to another user and do not to allow others to wear your assigned dosemeter;
- avoid taking your dosemeter home;
- wear LUXEL+ wholebidy dosemeters at the assigned place on your body;
- wear SATURN ring dosemeters on the assigned hand and inside gloves facing the direction of radiation;
- wear VISION lens of the eye dosemeters in conjunction with radiation safety glasses or safety shields, with the detector behind the shielding.
While our dosemeters are robust and withstand normal use, damage to dosemeters may prevent accurate dose assessment. So please take reasonable care of them.
When not wearing the dosemeter, the participant should store it in a radiation free area, preferably in a designated location. This location should be out of direct sunlight and away from excessive heat or radioactive sources.
LANDAUER can supply dosemeter boards, which can be mounted to aid the collection of returned dosemeters and the distribution of new dosemeters for your staff.